NanoValbruna, Friuli Venezia Giulia’s Green Festival in its fourth edition, invites entrepreneurs, scientists, teachers, professionals, journalists and above all young people to talk about sustainability in three dimensions.
Within the festival there is the international contest “BAITE Innovation Award”, aimed at young people and their innovative startup ideas.
There are many events not to be missed, including G2i2FoodSummit@NanoValbruna, where we talk about sustainable food and agriculture, with a focus on green business led by young people and minorities, a meeting inspired by G2i2 (Global Green Inclusive Innovation) held at the United Nations on 26th October 2022.
Fill out the form and apply: the call closes on the 31st of May 2023
The submitted projects that best meet the selection criteria are chosen. Finalists gain access:
• to workshops, panel and “Meeting with”, where they have the opportunity to make their idea of startup known, within an innovative and stimulating context;
• to the global network of the Festival, with possible involvement in the related italian and international initiatives;
• to the Final Presentation, where they can present their pitch to the audience and to the international jury, made up of entrepreneurs, investors and experts.
The selected projects have the visibility guaranteed by the communication plans in place for the festival.
The winner of the “BAITE Innovation Award” receives a prize worth 5000 Euro.
The finalists attend three days of training with workshops on: entrepreneurship, source of financing, patents and innovation, public speaking, science for a sustainable future.
During the Final Presentation, each finalist team has 3 minutes to present their pitch in English in front of the Jury. The Jury has 2 minutes available to formulate further questions. At the end, the jurors cast their vote which will decide the winner of the Contest.
The Call is aimed at Italian and international students, researchers and aspiring entrepreneurs who have the opportunity to present themselves as individuals or in teams (maximum two representatives per team).
The selected innovative and sustainable projects must have a positive impact within the macro areas indicated in the acronym B.A.I.T.E.:
• Building (for instance heating, cement and concrete, energy saving, …)
• Agroecology and Climate Tech (for instance sustainable agriculture, bio-agriculture, biodynamics, carbon capture utilization and storage, …)
• Industry and Social Responsibility (for instance net-zero CO2 emissions and low waste production, resource efficiency, social inclusion…)
• Transport (for instance micromobility, batteries, fuels, sustainable tourism, …)
• Energy (for instance energy conversion, production and utilization of renewable energy, energy saving, …)
Projects are selected according to the following criteria:
• Team skills and knowledge in the area of expertise;
• Product/service development stage;
• Creativity and Innovation;
• Project feasibility;
• Competitive context and positioning;
• Responsiveness with the needs of the market and its size;
• Business potential of the ideas;
• Completeness of the submitted documentation
Fill out the application form to share with us your project and enter the Contest.
Click the button here below!